Author Topic: blinking taskbar icon  (Read 1716 times)

monkee

• $upporter
    • View Profile
blinking taskbar icon
« on: May 14, 2017, 10:32:58 PM »
I would find it very useful if the VC taskbar icon could blink when a command is successfully recognized/executed.  I have one instance of VC running on my laptop that sends some commands to my main instance on my HTPC.  I'd love to not have to open up VC all the time to confirm that my command was recognized.  I simple blink of the icon would solve this.  Any chance of adding something like that??

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
Re: blinking taskbar icon
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2017, 11:40:26 PM »
You can change your Windows taskbar button settings to "Combine when taskbar is full" in order to see the last recognized command in the taskbar (see screenshot, which is how it looks in W7).

On W7 to change this property you first right-click on the Windows Start button, select "Properties", then choose the "Taskbar" tab.

On W10 right-click on an empty space on the taskbar, then select "settings", then you should see an option "Combine taskbar buttons". Choose "When taskbar is full".
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 01:23:17 PM by jitterjames »
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: blinking taskbar icon
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2017, 08:48:35 PM »
VC can also play a short wav file when speech is recognised. Look in options.

http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Options#Sounds
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 11:06:38 AM by jitterjames »