Author Topic: Error when attempting to create XML  (Read 2187 times)

SirNed

• View Profile
Error when attempting to create XML
« on: October 29, 2015, 10:00:56 PM »
Sorry for the lousy description but not near the computer atm.  Running Windows 7 64bit with WMC.  Have installed VC and all running but when attempting to click on the (Create XML?) along the top of the menu bar and select WMC it pops up with an almost blank dialog box. The only thing it has in there is an OK button that I can select. 

From the videos and instructions I have seen it is meant to go off and check (am guessing for words or something)

VC is installed in C:\localdata and all appears to work except for that.  Oh and using with Amulet remote as well.

Suggestions on what to try when I get home?

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
Re: Error when attempting to create XML
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2015, 10:04:55 PM »
Have you already followed all the installation/configuration instructions for using VC with WMC on the wiki?

http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Installation_WMC
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2015, 10:34:17 AM »
There is a problem with the popup window, I get it too, but the actual GenXML process should complete as expected.  If you look in your history window you should see a green gear icon labelled "WMC.GenXML" and if you roll over it you should see the report that was supposed to appear in the popup window telling you what was found.

Look in the .\wmcPayloads folder and you should see your 3 xml files.  These will be automatically used in your commands if you selected the WMC preset configuration for VC.

I don't think there are many people still using WMC, especially not VC users, or surely someone would have reported the blank window issue before now. :)

I have also noticed that the GenXML for WMC only seems to work the first time you run it, after that it will return 0 items.  I will look into it, but for now you only need to restart VC and then the GenXML will work again.  Anyway, you only need to run it once in a while when you have added new music to your library.

SirNed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2015, 01:43:50 AM »
Thanks for that.  Yeah have gone in there and the xml  files are there. So if I want to update my library I just delete them and rerun again?

Still having issues with it going to the right thing but guessing there is somewhere I can train it to pick up on my voice.

Just recharging the remote again :)
« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 08:18:10 AM by jitterjames »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2015, 08:17:26 AM »
Thanks for that.  Yeah have gone in there and the xml  files are there. So if I want to update my library I just delete them and rerun again?
You don't have to delete them.

Still having issues with it going to the right thing but guessing there is somewhere I can train it to pick up on my voice.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/windows/set-speech-recognition#1TC=windows-7

This does not apply to the SP version though which you cannot train.