Author Topic: Gentner Clearone XAP800 detailed setup  (Read 21176 times)

adamsweet

• View Profile
Re: Gentner Clearone XAP800 detailed setup
« Reply #45 on: April 01, 2015, 10:20:52 AM »
soo mic input problem has ben comeing and going @haddood it looks like same problem u were haveing in feb. were u able to fix? try the reinitialize mic in options and no luck. kindof seems that vox gets persay backed up were sometimes ill be talking and 20-30 sec or so vox will just start fireing commands. a full restart always works. my setup is still pretty small besides all of the room macros for 3 stereo inputs and the 100 commands to my onkyo lol. none is set up for speech yet though just remote commands from event ghost.

adamsweet

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 07, 2015, 02:25:50 AM »
soo it seems that vspe was the culprit. disabled couple days ago and havent ben haveing mic disconect problem

Haddood

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 07, 2015, 03:24:30 PM »
for me the problem is gone a while back ... can't remember how or why ... still using VSPE though
When Voice command gets tough, use hand gestures

AshaiRey

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 25, 2016, 05:38:55 AM »
I know this is an old topic but i want to add some info that might be helpfull for future reference.
Years back ik started to setup a multi room VR system with a XAP800. Now i have this running for years now and i kept a blog with my findings, results and solutions on VR and whole hpuse audio

Now i setting this up with voxcommando as VR to control my HomeSeer system. Previously is developed my own VR client to work with Dutch. At the pages below you can find many tips and background info why you should do things like that or not. Also available is the vbscript file to control this and the PSR file to configure your XAP800

For general information about setting up a whole house audio system
http://members.home.nl/b.vanzoelen/ZMC.htm

More detailed information about setting up VR
http://members.home.nl/b.vanzoelen/ZMCVRpart1.htm

Hope this will help anyone.

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 25, 2016, 05:39:04 PM »
Hi AshaiRey and welcome to VC-Forum.

A really cool setup up and it also shows the difficulties there can be in such a multiroom solution.
It also shows that it takes a long process and requires a lot of work and know how.

Thanks for this helpful information.

Kalle
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 06:14:34 PM by jitterjames »
***********  get excited and make things  **********