Author Topic: offline microphone  (Read 1083 times)

joop

• View Profile
offline microphone
« on: December 13, 2017, 07:18:38 AM »
Hi all,

I would like to do the following with voxcommando:

Instead of using a real microhpone for vox to listen to, i would like to point vox to a folder somewhere on my network, and have vox scan this folder for new audio files constantly.
When a new file is found, interpret it like a mic input, process and delete or move the file.

Is this possible?
thanks

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
Re: offline microphone
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2017, 07:54:46 AM »
Yes, if you use .wav files it's pretty straightforward. Take a look in the Advanced tab of Options for the Directory Watcher settings.

http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Options

Edit: Sorry, the documentation refers to a "local folder". Hopefully James can clarify if it's possible to watch a folder somewhere else on your network. That may not be an option.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 08:06:20 AM by nime5ter »
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2017, 01:45:24 PM »
Yes it works with a network folder although this might not be as reliable as using a local folder especially if your network is not 100% rock solid (e.g. if you are using Wifi, or if you put your computer to sleep, or your network drive goes to sleep etc.).

Note that after you set which folder to watch in options/advanced you need to do a full restart of VoxCommando because this folder watch is only set once at startup.

I haven't stress tested it so if you have any problems with reliability let me know and I'll see if there is anything extra that can be done.

joop

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2017, 04:24:29 AM »
great news! thanks.