Author Topic: Wemo Motion  (Read 1679 times)

bergasha

• View Profile
Wemo Motion
« on: January 29, 2017, 07:14:58 PM »
Hey guys/girls,

Just wanting to pick your brains again, I use a Wemo motion in the kitchen to turn the lights on and off as I walk in and out, I am currently using Tasker to catch the on and off intents but it has its moments when it does not want to listen.
I have just noticed That the  Wemo plugin is seeing the motion as actions and am wanting to try Vox to catch the intents, The only issue I have is with Tasker I have it set to "Turn lights on with motion" then "Turn off in 5 mins with no motion" so when no motion a 5 min timer starts but resets back to 5 if it detects motion. Can I do this in VOX?

Cheers
Shayne

PegLegTV

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Re: Wemo Motion
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2017, 01:21:47 AM »
this can definitely be done, you would use VC.SetEventTimer when motion is detected to turn the light off in five minutes,

the event will of course need to trigger a command that you have to turn your lights off,

so as long as VC can control your lights then you can use the Wemo Motion Events to turn the lights on and off, and shouldn't need Tasker at all  for this
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 08:26:56 AM by nime5ter »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2017, 08:18:21 AM »
You can also use VC.StopEventTimer to cancel the timer when a motion event is triggered.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 08:28:11 AM by nime5ter »

bergasha

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2017, 08:57:13 PM »
That is perfect Thanks guys.  ;D

Janus

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2017, 03:48:32 AM »
this can definitely be done, you would use VC.SetEventTimer when motion is detected to turn the light off in five minutes,

the event will of course trigger a command that you have to turn your lights off,

so as long as VC can control your lights then you can use the Wemo Motion Events to turn the lights on and off, and shouldn't need Tasker at all  for this

This is just what I was looking for. Glad the solution is so simple.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2021, 06:18:46 PM by Janus »