Author Topic: Animated Butler as jarvis possible?  (Read 3762 times)

IKROWNI

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Animated Butler as jarvis possible?
« on: September 23, 2016, 05:02:19 PM »
Found this little animated butler.

http://www.biglots.com/product/36-animated-butler-with-serving-tray/p810247617?zcp=PD_PLA_Seasonal_Halloween_810247617&gclid=Cj0KEQjwpZO_BRDym6K_nMye7cEBEiQAVA7RaFDVLhEJzBfq3XA4QuOoTZslyXAIi2R0iLX_Oq3OtJkaApCo8P8HAQ

I'm curious if it would possible to have his mouth move with voxcommando? I'm not exactly sure how the butlers mouth moves to the words that are pre-programmed. Do you think its just opening and closing to certain input or is it setup with the voice to open and close at proper times?

I was thinking i would switch out the speaker for a better one if it didn't sound good. In the video the audio coming from it sounds pretty bad.

Anyways just a cool little side project i thought of when i saw one at biglots the other day.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Animated Butler as jarvis possible?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2016, 07:08:26 PM »
Impossible to know how it works but it's possible it moves the mouth according to the amplitude of the audio output. That might be wired directly to the audio output or it might use a microphone. Either way it might be doable.

If you want to wire something into the visemes then it will no longer qualify as a "cool little side project" anymore.

IKROWNI

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2016, 01:40:58 AM »
I'll probably grab the little guy just for the novelty of it. If I can at least get the mouth swinging open and closed when vox is talking that would make me more than happy enough. Maybe later I'll add him on top of a roomba and make it really fun.

Lowery

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2018, 11:41:49 AM »
This is cool as heck. But did they have to make it as creepy as that? lol
This is why ZQuiet is very helpful and effective.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2018, 12:01:01 PM »