Author Topic: Skype Plugin for VoxCommando  (Read 11165 times)

Indy

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Re: Skype Plugin for VoxCommando
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2014, 12:06:03 AM »
Thanks nime5ter, that works great.  Can you please explain to me where I can get more information on the possible syntax that is allowed from the skype: command

Also for the camera thing, I'm not sure.  As long as I have vox off or completely closed, the camera light goes off.  If I'm in listen or standby, the camera light is on like it is being actively used.  It's freaky and makes me paranoid so I have to figure out what is causing it.

EDIT

Ya, its not a plugin, I just reinstalled Vox into a different folder, selected XBMC Frodo as the configuration and started it for the first time.  The camera light comes on immediately.  Really dislike that and was hoping it was a borked plugin in my other install.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 12:11:22 AM by Indy »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2014, 08:16:31 AM »
Thanks nime5ter, that works great.  Can you please explain to me where I can get more information on the possible syntax that is allowed from the skype: command

That is called a skype uri.  Here is more info on it:
http://developer.skype.com/skype-uris

The {1} will be replaced by payload 1, which should be the contact name.

Also for the camera thing, I'm not sure.  As long as I have vox off or completely closed, the camera light goes off.  If I'm in listen or standby, the camera light is on like it is being actively used.  It's freaky and makes me paranoid so I have to figure out what is causing it.

EDIT

Ya, its not a plugin, I just reinstalled Vox into a different folder, selected XBMC Frodo as the configuration and started it for the first time.  The camera light comes on immediately.  Really dislike that and was hoping it was a borked plugin in my other install.

From what you are describing I am quite certain that you are using your webcam microphone for VC and this particular device turns a light on whenever the microphone is active.  So you should use a different microphone if it bothers you, or look into your camera settings to see if you can change how the light works.  It may also be possible that it uses a different colour to represent "mic on" vs. "video on".

Indy

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2014, 09:10:30 AM »
That is called a skype uri.  Here is more info on it:
http://developer.skype.com/skype-uris

The {1} will be replaced by payload 1, which should be the contact name.

Thanks, glad to know.

From what you are describing I am quite certain that you are using your webcam microphone for VC and this particular device turns a light on whenever the microphone is active.  So you should use a different microphone if it bothers you, or look into your camera settings to see if you can change how the light works.  It may also be possible that it uses a different colour to represent "mic on" vs. "video on".

I actually don't, I use a Yeti mic that does quite a good job of picking me up in the room.  But I think you may be onto the problem, if it is somehow being enumerated and initialized by Vox.  Or maybe my default mic changed in Windows and I didn't notice.  I'm going to see if I can disable the mic completely in Windows and see if the problem goes away.  Great suggestion thanks, didn't think about the mic in the webcam being the issue but does make sense.  I will report back once I've tested it.

Indy

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2014, 08:38:20 PM »
Disabling the mic in Windows turns the light off!  Thanks for the suggestions James, it was right on!

DieterClaeys

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2017, 07:07:36 PM »
Just want to give a small heads up on the Plugin behavior with the latest version of Skype (Version 7.30.0.105)

1) Generating Payloads --> works
2) Announcing Incoming Calls --> works
3) Announcing Chat Messages --> does not work on my setup.
Although here I am not sure if this should generate a message when you are receive a chat or an sms
4) Accept Incoming Calls --> works
5) Checking who's online/offline --> works
6) Making a call --> does not work, but can be functional when using below code:

Code: [Select]
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>
<!--VoxCommando 2.2.2.9-->
<command id="280" name="Skype To {1}" enabled="true" alwaysOn="False" confirm="False" requiredConfidence="0" loop="False" loopDelay="0" loopMax="0" description="">
  <action>
    <cmdType>RoboB.Select</cmdType>
    <params>
      <param>skype</param>
    </params>
    <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
  </action>
  <action>
    <cmdType>RoboB.Navigate</cmdType>
    <params>
      <param>skype:{1}?call</param>
    </params>
    <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
  </action>
  <action>
    <cmdType>RoboB.Dispose</cmdType>
    <params />
    <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
  </action>
  <phrase>Skype</phrase>
  <phrase optional="true">To</phrase>
  <payloadFromXML phraseOnly="False" use2partPhrase="False" phraseConnector="by" Phrase2wildcard="anyone" optional="False">payloads\payloadSkype.xml</payloadFromXML>
</command>

As my main focus was to get the "calling part" of Skype to work, the Plugin, together with some workarounds, still does the trick.

Its just a pity that Skype removed their support for the Skype Desktop API.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2017, 07:19:33 PM by DieterClaeys »