Author Topic: esc key  (Read 1354 times)

lanos

• View Profile
esc key
« on: December 22, 2017, 03:51:15 AM »
Sorry if this is in the wrong section wasn't sure where to ask
SO I finaly decided to make the leap to windows 10 and I've been using both VOX and Cortana (love its voice recognition so I use it for basic stuff and VOX for everything else) and I'm having a small problem sening a keystoke with vox to fix a problem I'm having with Cortana
The problem is cortana tends to have a full screen overlay that pops up with it and doesn't go away unless you either hit the esc key or hit the X in the corner, which is the stupidest thing ever cause it defeats the purpose of voice control.
Anyway, I want to send the Esc Key from vox when I have the full screen from Cortana. Now. I know how to use InputKeys.Send I just don't know how to get it to send the ESC key I tried {ESC} to no avail and if i just press the esc key the LCB window closes. So can someone plese tell me how to (if possible) send the Esc key please

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
Re: esc key
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2017, 08:15:15 AM »
Try the Parameter Helper tool

It's very useful for figuring out the key syntax.

I believe {ESC} is for the SendKeys action. If you need to use InputKeys.Send it may be something else. They each have their own tab in the Parameter Helper tool.

Make sure you have the Cortana window focused before emulating the escape key (e.g., using Window.Focus). You'll need to know the correct process name for the Cortana window. If you were trying to test from the LCB window then the wrong window would have been focused, sounds like.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2017, 10:03:49 AM by nime5ter »
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)