Author Topic: VC - Trial Mode Issue  (Read 2242 times)

cglobal

• $upporter
    • View Profile
VC - Trial Mode Issue
« on: September 17, 2017, 03:21:25 AM »
Hello,

Have an issue with VC, even though i have the original version, it keeps saying im using the trial version and keeps displaying that on the UI in addition to recommending that i buy and stopping after 40 uses. Any idea what i can do to address this?

Thanks in advance!

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: VC - Trial Mode Issue
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2017, 03:43:50 AM »
Did you try to activate it?

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2017, 03:55:20 AM »
It looks like your Mac address is changing for some reason. When that happens VoxCommando will think it is a new computer and you will need to reactivate it unless it is a mac address that was activated previously in which case it will usually reactivate automatically if you have an internet connection.

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2017, 05:21:29 AM »
The activation process is the same as the first time you activated: how to activate.
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

cglobal

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2017, 05:01:36 PM »
The activation process is the same as the first time you activated: how to activate.

Hey James, the problem still persists post activation. I activated several times and it was successful but it still said trial mode. They only thing that works is closing and restarting 5-10 times.

Also note that it suddenly goes into trial mode (whenever it does happen) when idle, so not on restart or such.

As of now it is AOK, not sure what causes it though.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2017, 05:28:24 PM »
I found some issues relating to activation on older versions of VoxCommando.  Unfortunately I can't fix the problem for older versions.  What seems to be happening is that VC needs to contact the activation server every time VC starts.  This was not my intention but a change I made at one point to the server started sending incorrect keys and I have no way to revert because I don't know when this change was made!

If anyone is having activation issues such as VC reverts to trial mode please update VoxCommando to version 2.2.4.0 and this will hopefully resolve the issue.

http://voxcommando.com/home/downloads/

In some cases it might be necessary to use the help menu to activate after updating but hopefully it won't be necessary in most cases.

I apologize for any inconvenience this causes.  For most people VC will continue to work normally as long as you have an internet connection and the activation server is up but I recommend updating to the latest version now if possible.

Thanks for your understanding.