Author Topic: using WSR and doing dictation  (Read 2185 times)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
using WSR and doing dictation
« on: July 22, 2010, 08:39:57 AM »
Hello James,

you are the programmer from VoxCommando, rigth? How did you get the idea?

And now my 2nd question ;).

It is difficult to use VoxCommando and the windows  speech recognition at the same time? With VoxCommando it`s not possible to dictate words but with the windows spech recognition it`s possible. When we can use Vox and windows SR in the same time, we could use all functions of the generally speech recognition.

You know what i mean?

Kind Regards

Datonate
I don't remember exactly, how I got started on this project.  I do remember that I was frustrated wtih windows speech recognition because it did not do what I wanted, and also it was always doing things that I did not want it to do.  I wanted to be able to turn off the commands that I did not use, but Windows speech recognition would not let me do that.  Also at the time, I was playing with EventGhost, and I had just started writing my first c# program in Visual Studio, so I was looking for new ideas to try.

You can run VC and WSR at the same time.  It will work,  but I don't know how easy it will be.

VoxCommando does let you do dictation!  You just need to use a payloadDictation (book icon) in your command.

If you are doing a long dictation like writing a letter, or a book , then WSR makes more sense because it gives you more tools to edit and correct mistakes.

If you want to be able to do a google search or enter text into a form, then you can use VoxCommando's payload dictation.  The accuracy will be the same as WSR.

To do dictation you just need to create a command in SendKeys... group add phrase "keyword" and then add the payloadDictation.  You would need to issue the command as one like this:

"keyword dear john how are you today"
"keyword it was nice seeing you and the kids yesterday"

to do a web search you would put a payloadDictation into a Launch... group command as the parameter.

Datonate

Re: using WSR and doing dictation
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2010, 08:59:54 AM »
Thanks for your answer, i will test it.   :)