Author Topic: when i say phrase, the command dont activate, but it do when i click on ''run''  (Read 2163 times)

hollowm4n

• View Profile
when i say a phrase, the command dont activate, but it do when i click on ''run''.

i have taken an existing command for example ''turn all lights off''' and added an action in the command, that send a event to eventghost.
if i click the test button in the command or on the green triangle button it works and eventghost gets the event.
but if i say the phrase 'all lights off'' voxcommand recognize my voice correct but the action from the command doesnt work?

and iv also tried to made a new gruop, command and phrase but it works the same, only on the ''run'' button. i cant get voxcommand to recognize my voice either if i make me own phrase.. what can be wrong?

im using the latest version of voxcommand
im not using the SP version
english language pack

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Do any voice commands work?  Is it only new or edited commands that don't work for you?

Are you saving and closing the command editor before doing your tests?

Is VoxCommando in "On" (green) mode?

Does anything appear in the text box at the top of the main Window when you speak the phrases?

hollowm4n

• View Profile
if i take an existing command, like ''what can i say'' voxcommand hear me and open the url with all commands as it should do. BUT if i open that command and add another ''action'' in it, like a ''OSD show text'' for example. i can click on the command button and it open the url AND the ''OSD text'' but if i say the phrase ''what can i do'' it opens the url but DONT show the OSD text action.

voxcommando are green, not yellow or red. and it confirm my phrase '' what can i do''

also if i add a new group, then an command, and then a phrase for example ' turn lights off'' can say the phrase, voxcommando doesnt ''hear'' that new phrase iv added.

so i have 2 problems here.

and i saved and closing the editor box also but nothing changes.

what do you think?

hollowm4n

• View Profile
so it seems that if i add my  own phrases, voxcommando doesnt ''hear'' them or if i add my own actions they doesnt work. the only phrases and action that works is the already existing ones

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Something strange is happening if what you say is accurate.

What folder is VoxCommando installed in?

hollowm4n

• View Profile
its installed in c/voxcommand

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
I assume that the c:\VoxCommand folder is not "protected" and that VoxCommando is allowed to write to it?  It just sounds like your edits are not being saved for some reason.

Open the "history" window by checking the checkbox on the main VC Window and note if there are any errors appearing there when you try the following or when you try to edit commands, especially after you close the editor window.

Try to do a "purge cache" and then "full restart" from the main menu in VC.

After that if VC is still working as before with only the original commands I will be quite confused.

If you open the command editor do you see the changes that you made before?

If none of this helps I can try to come take a look myself using TeamViewer.  I should have some free time tomorrow if you are also available to do this.  When unusual things like this happen it is usually faster if I can see it for myself and try to investigate.

hollowm4n

• View Profile
iv solved the problem :) i never used ''save'' instead i click on ''save as'' and the .xml file was saved on my Nas disk thats not on this computer, so i saved it on this conputer instead and it worked :)

thx alot for fast responding!

at first i had the program installed on my Nas disk also, then i installed it in C/voxcommand after you asked me but everytime i saved the .xml file i saved it on the Nas disk cause i didnt think about where i saved it, but after installing it in C/voxcommand AND saved the xml file on this computers disk also, everything worked fine!

now i can begin my homeautomation! :)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Good news!

Thanks for the update and have fun. :)