Author Topic: Voxcommando and Denise (Guile3d) Help  (Read 12615 times)

ddl

• View Profile
Voxcommando and Denise (Guile3d) Help
« on: January 14, 2016, 10:54:28 AM »
Hi,

Can someone help be understand why I am not getting a response when I try to initiate my VC with Guile3d (Denise)?  I have studied the sdk and have followed the instructions that was provided via this forum to make Denise work with VC. 

My main issue is that I am not able to see the Authkey when I test the command (http://127.0.0.1:8000/Kernel?function=AskAuthKey&Login=dodo&Password=dummy) in a web browser.  Nothing shows in the results. 

I had denise up and running on my computer when I tried the test and I have disabled my firewall and still no success.

Any thoughts on where I should begin to troubleshoot?  Is there a setting in Denise that I should have enabled/disabled in order to communicate with it via http?  Please advise.

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Re: Voxcommando and Denise (Guile3d) Help
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2016, 11:47:13 AM »
try it with the IP of your computer on which Denise run.

for example: http://192.168.0.17:8000/Kernel?function=AskAuthKey&Login=dodo&Password=dummy

Which version of Guile3D did you use? I'm not sure if it will work with the standard version.
***********  get excited and make things  **********

ddl

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2016, 12:06:39 PM »
Hi,

I tried using the ip address for my machine as well... still no success.  I am running the latest version of Denise platinum 1.9.

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2016, 12:28:46 PM »
Take a look in the Guile3D folder on your maschine if it contain a folder which is named sdk and also if this sdk folder contain the guilesdk.js file - maybe it is not possible to get access to the api with this version.

ddl

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2016, 12:48:20 PM »
I have both of those files in my version of Denise.  Before purchasing the software I specifically ask if whether or not there would be access to the api with version 1.9.  They assured me that I would.  I have established a trouble ticket with  Guile3d and I'm waiting for a response.

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2016, 12:51:50 PM »
If you take a look on their Forum - I think you will get not so fast a answer.

You can open the .js file in a text editor, maybe they have changed the command - I hope this will help you.

I have the old version of Denise and did never a update and it still works.

ddl

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2016, 01:29:05 PM »
ok, I think I figured out my mistake will try it in a few.  Essentially when I opened the .js file I did not edit anything.  I assumed that it was to show me an example of how the command should look.

function AskAuthKey(Login,Password){
  return call('/Kernel?function=AskAuthKey&Login='+Login+'&Password='+Password)

I did not edit the function to include my login and password in the file.  I only changed it in my http command when I entered it into the browser i.e
http://127.0.0.1:8000/Kernel?function=AskAuthKey&Login=dodo&Password=dummy

After rereading the instructions I believe I am supposed to edit the function text to include my username and password then save the .js file.  After that I am supposed to reboot and try the command again.  If my catch is correct then it should work when I place the command in the web browser.  Fingers crossed.

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2016, 02:01:17 PM »
There is nothing to edit in the .js file  :o

Keep this js file untouched!

ddl

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2016, 02:07:04 PM »
Oh... Ok.  Then I'm lost.  I don't know what else could be the problem. 

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2016, 02:24:08 PM »
did you tried this command group?

http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=1650.msg14407#msg14407

try it also with a other browser.

ddl

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2016, 02:49:05 PM »
No, I have not tried this group.  I followed the steps outlined in the "VcToGuile3dAPI_final" PDF.  I will try this group tonight as well as a different browser. 

ddl

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2016, 11:47:22 AM »
Ok, I was able to successfully connect Denise to VC.  Turns out that a reinstall of the Denise software with administrator privileges and disabling my windows firewall did the trick... I guess.  All I know now is that I am able to see the keys when making an http request for them.

Now that I was able to complete the first step.  I am now working on the second step which is to send data to the bot so that Denise can speak the text aloud.  I will report back if I get confused.

ddl

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2016, 12:45:54 PM »
Ok, here is the second problem... When I start up Denise (standalone) I hear her voice and am able to make commands perfectly.  When I start up VC (standalone w/o Denise). I hear VC and am able to make commands via the mic perfectly.

However, when I I startup Denise and then VC I get no sound from either.  Any thoughts on why this could be happening?

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2016, 03:04:28 PM »
Does it matter which program you open first, or does the audio problem happen either way?

By "hear VC," are you referring to TTS responses in VC, or something else?

Are both applications using a single, shared audio output?

If they're both trying to access the same audio output device, check your audio output Advanced properties. Maybe you have exclusive mode properties enabled or something like that.

If you have more than one audio output option, try to set VC to use a different audio output than whatever Guile is using. The default TTS audio output in VC can be selected in the TTS plugin settings.
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2016, 03:24:45 PM »
I am now working on the second step which is to send data to the bot so that Denise can speak the text aloud.

If you use my command group, don't forget to change the IP in the actions. If you need some other examples, let me know.