Author Topic: Google speech recognition integration into Voxcommando  (Read 10038 times)

krysn95

• Contributor
    • View Profile
Google speech recognition integration into Voxcommando
« on: July 15, 2015, 10:24:10 AM »
Hi Guys,

So, one of my buggest dream is a voice control system, but in my language --> Hungarian.

Unfortuatelly the MS Speech Platform 11 does not include hungarian languag pack, but I have an other idea:

Is it possibel to use the Voxcommando with the Google speech recognition?

With this Chrome built in, I can select Hunagrian language dictation, so this tool can convert my commands to text-->

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/voice-recognition/ikjmfindklfaonkodbnidahohdfbdhkn?hl=hu

Does anybody has any idea to integrate this input  mode (so the Google speech recognition) into the voxcommando?

Thank you in advance for your kind answers and sorry for my terrible English!

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Google speech recognition integration into Voxcommando
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2015, 12:29:27 PM »
It would require me to write a whole new program that I do not currently have the time to prioritize.

At the moment you can accomplish this same thing using Autovoice and Tasker.  It basically does the same thing as what you are suggesting.

In both cases this is the process that must take place:

1 - record audio and send it to Googles servers
2 - wait for a text response from the Google servers
3 - Send the text to VoxCommando and hope that it exactly matches the phrasing for a command you have created in VoxCommando.

In either case it should work with any language that uses the same alphabet.

Being able to do this all on a PC instead of having to use an Android device might be convenient, but it would not ultimately change what happens in this process, or what is possible.

Perhaps you can approach the maker of this Chrome app or extension you refer to, to see if they could offer the option to automatically save recognized text to a local text file, or to send it to a web URL.  Then using the Watcher plugin for VoxCommando it could analyze the text.  This might be a bit faster than using Tasker, and if you have a really good microphone on your PC it might give better results.  I personally have no experience with writing extensions or addons for Google Chrome and no time to learn how to do that at the moment.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 01:34:15 PM by nime5ter »

krysn95

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2015, 04:23:28 AM »
Thanks for your kind and professional answer.

The Autovoice and tasker kist simple not enough trustable. Sometimes listenning but sometimes not, so this solution is not the best.

So, if the app-->  https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/voice-recognition/ikjmfindklfaonkodbnidahohdfbdhkn?hl=hu
could save the recognized text in a local text file, or to send it to a web URL, than it could work the Voxcommand as great as it normally?

thx!

krysn95

• Contributor
    • View Profile

krysn95

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2015, 04:58:27 AM »
I find in develoopers mode the recognized text in the app. Does anybody any idea, how can I say for the pc, that do something if you find here this or that word? (Maybe with Eventghost?) Sorry for the lame question...

marcusvdt

• Researching
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2015, 11:53:21 AM »
I did quick search on the internet since I'll work on this subject somewhere in the future so I can perhaps implement open dictation for portuguese using Google's API.

The only way I imagine to do that is to implement a bit of automation to this process:

1-Record audio
2-Send to Google servers
3-Grab the text and use it either as input for VC as emulation or send that text directly to whatever application I may want to have open dictation enabled.

The solutions I have found for it on this quick search are:

1-You can keep the wav files that you say for VC (through PC mic input or Voxwav) in a folder for later converting to flac format or you can record directly in flac format by using sox (only PC mic input allowed).
2-You can send the processed audio file via a python script to google servers
3-the same python script would then work on the string returned to your needs. For example, you could try a complex word comparison and matching process so the spoken phrases recognized by Google could be matched according to their best matches against the command phrases that you set in VC. Or you could just send the recognized text directly with no processing for a simpler implementation.

Notice however that it is less likely that the recognized text from Google will exactly match the phrases that you have in VC.

Also, I did not try this method above. I just guess it will work.

And unfortunatelly, although I think I'll do this in the future, this is the bottom of my priorities for now.

Good luck!

krysn95

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2015, 10:25:43 AM »
Thakn for your pro answer.

What do you think, which soultion could be the most responsive and best option?

marcusvdt

• Researching
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2015, 01:37:21 PM »
I'm talking about performing all the three mentioned steps and respective solutions in sequence, probably using the python plugin for scripting the tasks in sequence.
If you don't like the recognition from tasker/auto voice, but https://www.facebook.com/pages/HP-Fit/1607287676153964likes the recognition from Google in your PC, then the problem can be the quality or setting of the microphone in your phone. I am mentioning this because I guess Google's online recognition engine is the same either for the PC or a mobile device.

krysn95

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2016, 09:33:56 AM »
Hi guys!

I am still not give up to use the amazing voxcommando with my own language (Hunagrian)

Would it be possible to use the Google hunagian language pack in Voxcommando, in real time, with this?--> https://cloud.google.com/speech/?gclid=CjwKEAjwhILABRDwo8mlqt6ug38SJACNSq_k0dhsOfJepxemdiBrVU0fNAtlNZkfYSL9XMKHavnHohoC-nXw_wcB

Thank you so much every post!

krysn95

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2016, 08:01:41 AM »
It would require me to write a whole new program that I do not currently have the time to prioritize.

Could you estimate what time do you need to integrate the Google Speech platfrom into Voxcommando instead of the Microsoft Speech Platform?

I am sure the it could be a huge steep, because the Google hva more than 80 languages, so it mean much more user/possibility.

I want something in my language what is as professional as the Voxcommando in english, since lng time, so please think about it. Of course, If you wish I am ready to pay for your time!

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2016, 11:14:40 AM »
I can't speak for James, who is not in the office this week.

I can say that apart from the development costs (which would be significant--not a couple hundred, or even a thousand dollars), the other challenge is that Google's Speech API is cloud-based, and they charge an ongoing license fee for developers to use the service.

https://cloud.google.com/speech/pricing

This is not particularly feasible for VC when you consider that most VC users refuse to pay for even the very modest cost of a one-time user license. Who would pay for the monthly usage of a global user base? What happens when Google changes its policies, which they have done regularly with all of their other services, requiring constant development updates or leading to the possible cancellation of the service entirely?

Again, while I cannot and do not speak for James, my guess is that an entirely new program as sophisticated and versatile as VC built on the Google platform is neither cost-effective nor sustainable for a small, independent developer in today's market--even assuming one is comfortable using an entirely cloud-based speech solution.

At some point, James may have ideas for a smaller scale solution that is not exactly what you wish but that may still help. I'm sure he'll let you know if something like that evolves.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 11:20:14 AM by nime5ter »
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

krysn95

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2016, 11:25:33 AM »
Thank you very much for your answer!
Your points are absolutly understandable4

Do you have any other idea how can I use the VC in my language (Hungarian)?

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2016, 11:39:28 AM »
I'm sorry, at the moment I don't.

I would like you to know, however, that James and I have discussed your problem more than once. We do sympathize and understand your frustration. If ever we come up with an idea that is truly usable, we will certainly share it.

It's also helpful to know that if there are some costs involved in implementing something, you might support the effort. :)
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

krysn95

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2016, 06:15:15 AM »
thank you so much!! ::confused

krysn95

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2016, 12:29:38 PM »
just one more question...

It seems that this Chrome extension can use the Google voice recognition in real time:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/speech-recognition-anywhe/kdnnmhpmcakdilnofmllgcigkibjonof

Would it be possible to use this method in any way into VC?

thank you!