Author Topic: New Here  (Read 21733 times)

Dominique

• View Profile
New Here
« on: July 07, 2014, 06:39:00 AM »
Hey everyone, my name is Dominique Garcia.  I am an internationally known radio personality and journalist.  I came across VoxCommando when I was looking for a way to integrate my artificial intelligent virtual assistant Denise with XBMC.  As much as I wanted my program to perform everything, I simply acknowledged that V.C. is much more simple.  I could have accomplished it, yet like I said, V.C. is much easier to work with.

I am a forum moderator for the A.I. software I speak of, out of respect for this forum I will not post a link.  However I have made enormous contributions on the program and getting the program to perform all kinds of task that the creator never even dreamed of.  Every time I do something innovative with it, I always make YouTube tutorials to show the other forum members.  If you want to see a few, you can see them here....

https://www.youtube.com/user/DeniseTutorials

Well it seems as if I am now apart of this community despite owning the full version of the program as of this moment.  If and when I get the software, i will make some videos.

Dominique

• View Profile
Re: New Here
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2014, 06:56:22 AM »
http://youtu.be/ra0iwSuj2QM

I think doing the same thing as the video above is do-able with V.C.

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2014, 08:09:20 AM »
Yes, I use also Guile3D and you can control the A.I. with VoxCommando (the most things). We have in VC2.0 also a "Talking head" plugin.

He is a example video with the Guild3D (not the best, but I will record a new video next time)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXcOznuUDmY

***********  get excited and make things  **********

Dominique

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2014, 07:56:33 PM »
Yes, I use also Guile3D and you can control the A.I. with VoxCommando (the most things). We have in VC2.0 also a "Talking head" plugin.

He is a example video with the Guild3D (not the best, but I will record a new video next time)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXcOznuUDmY

Interesting.  Its nice to see a fellow Guile 3D user on here.  However I have a question, what exactly is the point of running both programs at the same time?  It appears as if V.C. is sufficient enough to do everything you did in the video all by itself.  Just wondering.  Plus, I am pretty knowledgeable on how to program Guile 3D (you would know from the forums), which method did you use for this?  I ask cause I am curious.  If I knew, then I would have a better understanding as to why you used both V.C. and Guile 3D at the same time.  Was it simply for the looks?

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2014, 05:05:22 AM »
I use the Guile3D only as "talking head" for VoxCommando and how you pointed correctly out, in my case there is nothing what VC can't do.  ;)
The advantage of the Guile3D is, that you can run it on other machine as VoxCommando and it is easy to communicate between them over the Guile3D api with the powerful "scrape" action in VoxCommando.

To get start out of the box, copy the following code in your command tree, which will create a command group (before you can use the commands you must start guile3d first)

Code: [Select]
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>
<!--VoxCommando 1.9.5.6-->
<commandGroup open="True" name="guile3D test" enabled="True" prefix="" priority="0" requiredProcess="" description="">
  <command id="1464" name="connect" enabled="true" alwaysOn="False" confirm="False" requiredConfidence="0" loop="False" loopDelay="0" loopMax="0" description="Use a valid IP adress for your system (http://127.0.0.1:8000) if you run guile3d on the same machine as VC, otherwise use the IP from the system where guile3d run. Insert in the first scrape action your username and password.&#xD;&#xA;The whole command creates a map table and stores the &quot;AuthKey&quot; automatically in this map table. This is necessary, because when you close Guile3d, it will create a new key each time and this way everything is automated and you must do nothing ;-)&#xD;&#xA;You can see within the two last actions - this &quot;AuthKey&quot; is necessary for each Scrape of the Guile3d API and this way you need only to insert {M:botpass.botpass} instead of the key and VC will replace the key automatically.&#xD;&#xA;">
    <action>
      <cmdType>Map.CreateTable</cmdType>
      <params>
        <param>botpass</param>
      </params>
      <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
    </action>
    <action>
      <cmdType>Scrape</cmdType>
      <params>
        <param>http://127.0.0.1:8000/Kernel?function=AskAuthKey&amp;Login=yourUsername&amp;Password=yourPassword</param>
      </params>
      <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
    </action>
    <action>
      <cmdType>Map.Set</cmdType>
      <params>
        <param>botpass</param>
        <param>botpass</param>
        <param>{LastResult}</param>
      </params>
      <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
    </action>
    <action>
      <params>
        <param>http://127.0.0.1:8000/Kernel?function=SetParam&amp;Param=P_AGENT_NAME&amp;Value=Denise_2012&amp;Auth={M:botpass.botpass}</param>
      </params>
      <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
    </action>
    <action>
      <params>
        <param>http://127.0.0.1:8000/Agent?function=AgentSetVoice&amp;Auth={M:botpass.botpass}&amp;Voice=Guile3D - Nuance Samantha - EN</param>
      </params>
      <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
    </action>
    <event>VC.Loaded</event>
  </command>
  <command id="1487" name="3D bot speak" enabled="true" alwaysOn="False" confirm="False" requiredConfidence="0" loop="False" loopDelay="0" loopMax="0" description="">
    <action>
      <params>
        <param>http://127.0.0.1:8000/Agent?function=AgentSpeak&amp;Auth={M:botpass.botpass}&amp;Text={LastResult}</param>
      </params>
      <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
    </action>
    <event>bot speak</event>
  </command>
  <command id="1461" name="speak test" enabled="true" alwaysOn="False" confirm="False" requiredConfidence="0" loop="False" loopDelay="0" loopMax="0" description="">
    <action>
      <cmdType>Results.SetLastResult</cmdType>
      <params>
        <param>Yes I can! Congratulations, it looks like you've figured out how to communicate with me. </param>
      </params>
      <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
    </action>
    <action>
      <cmdType>VC.TriggerEvent</cmdType>
      <params>
        <param>bot speak</param>
      </params>
      <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
    </action>
    <phrase>can you hear me</phrase>
  </command>
</commandGroup>

To find all the API commands take a look at file guile3d\sdk\guilesdk.js and open it in Notepad++ (or any other editor)  ;)

I have created a group for my self with many basic settings for the guile3d. As example: When I call the bot with a prefix from VC - it will showing up and after I say "Thanks" it is hide in the background - changing the bot on the fly and many more. Let me know if you are interessting in special commands or if you need any help.

I will record next time a new video (when I have finished the renovation of my living room  ::yuck ) with runnig VoxCommando and Guile3d bot as my Virtual Assistend on my iPad (splashtop app for iOS needed).

I hope this will help you to better understanding in which way I use the guile3d software with VoxCommando.  ::hmm

Kalle
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 11:02:45 AM by nime5ter »

Dominique

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2014, 05:44:14 AM »

To find all the API commands take a look at file guile3d\sdk\guilesdk.js and open it in Notepad++ (or any other editor)  ;)

I have created a group for my self with many basic settings for the guile3d. As example: When I call the bot with a prefix from VC - it will showing up and after I say "Thanks" it is hide in the background - changing the bot on the fly and many more. Let me know if you are interessting in special commands or if you need any help.

Kalle

You have no idea what you just did.  I am totally going to do this.  I will post my results.

EDIT:  I just looked, which js file did you use?  I am interested in setting it up like you have it to where when I call attention, it appears and then disappears upon command.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 11:04:03 AM by nime5ter »

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2014, 07:35:56 AM »
Haha, sorry when I have infected you  :D

Take a look in the main folder of guile3d, there is a folder which is called "sdk" and then open the guilesdk.js in a editor. If the file is not exist, you need the platinum version of guile3d.
Did you get it to work with my example group?
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 07:41:21 AM by Kalle »

Dominique

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2014, 07:55:24 AM »
Haha, sorry when I have infected you  :D

Take a look in the main folder of guile3d, there is a folder which is called "sdk" and then open the guilesdk.js in a editor. If the file is not exist, you need the platinum version of guile3d.
Did you get it to work with my example group?

Yes I see that, I was looking in wrong place.  I do own platinum version of Denise (3 to be exact), maybe I should give one to James so he can play around with it.

I tried using your code but had no where near your results.  I have been so scatterbrained that I have yet to get it all working like it should before I attempted this.  Today is my first day and have learned much, however I am still a "newbie".  I have been going in many different directions such as learning one thing and before I master it, learn something else.  DAMN YOU ADHD!!! 

It appears at the moment I need to correctly get this working with XBMC before I attempt this again. However, I am having trouble.  I have been learning so many things that they all meshed together and I confused myself.  I think maybe I should start over from scratch.  Once i get it all working, then re-attempt.  My main issue at the moment is having V.C. successfully browse the XBMC itself.  In fact the only real command that seems to work flawlessly is "GO HOME" 

Anyways, when I finally get off the ground I am very excited that this is available to us.  I suspect that I will be using Denise along with V.C. for the foreseeable future, her avatar is just so nicely drawn.  By the way, do I have to change anything in your code like for example, my login and password?  Or is that irrelevant since I will already be logged in when I attempt to call her?  Also, do you shut down the speech rec on Denise or allow the speech rec to listen?

Any pointers you can throw my way would be most appreciated.  I may be a newbie but I will get it down.  I mastered Denise and AIML in only a few weeks.  Since I already have a general grasp of what V.C. is and what it can do it should be much shorter time frame than that.

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2014, 08:35:06 AM »
No hurry, learning by doing  ;)

Please take a look in my connect command by do a double click on the thunder symbol in the command tree. In this command is a decription at the bottom - and yes, you must insert your username and password then save the command tree and make a VC full restart. Click in VC on the "file" menu and "Open Map Editor". Take a look in the map table if the botpass exist, select it and get sure there is a key "botpass" with a "value" stored. If yes, everthing is fine. Take care that the TTS voice samanta also exist or change it to a voice which is in you system installed. Disable speech rec in guile3d advanced settings.
Then speak in you mic which is connected to VC - "can you hear me" and if everything correct, the bot will give you the answer  :bignod

And by the way - it is very nice to give James a version of guile3d - I'm sure if James find the time to play with it, he will find much more things what is possible - Thanks  ::bow
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 07:56:24 PM by Kalle »

danderson

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2014, 11:48:09 PM »
Hi Kalle,I too am new here.My name is Dan and I have been following this thread to make Denise work with voxcommando.So far I can get the test guile 3d to work ok She replies with "i can hear you .....etc. Now I have XBMC installed (gotham) and I would like to get denise to reply with the answers like(what song is this ,,etc) and I would like to learn how to add more commands for Denise,Like how to execute a program (.exe file) in response to a verbal command.
dan

Dominique

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2014, 11:50:20 PM »
Hi Kalle,I too am new here.My name is Dan and I have been following this thread to make Denise work with voxcommando.So far I can get the test guile 3d to work ok She replies with "i can hear you .....etc. Now I have XBMC installed (gotham) and I would like to get denise to reply with the answers like(what song is this ,,etc) and I would like to learn how to add more commands for Denise,Like how to execute a program (.exe file) in response to a verbal command.
dan

I know you were having initial issues getting Denise connected to VC as a talking head.  Is it safe to say you finally got a working connection?

danderson

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2014, 11:54:11 PM »
I know you were having initial issues getting Denise connected to VC as a talking head.  Is it safe to say you finally got a working connection?

I got a working connection but I'm not dominique,,I just jumped in here ,my name is dan

Dominique

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2014, 11:56:38 PM »
I got a working connection but I'm not dominique,,I just jumped in here ,my name is dan

Uhh no.  I know you are not Dominique, Dan.  That's because I am.  ha ha

I was simply asking t he question based off our emails from earlier.  You were having issues getting Denise connected to VC.  I was asking if you made a successful connection.

danderson

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2014, 12:02:59 AM »
Uhh no.  I know you are not Dominique, Dan.  That's because I am.  ha ha

I was simply asking t he question based off our emails from earlier.  You were having issues getting Denise connected to VC.  I was asking if you made a successful connection.

Yes indeed. Then just for the heck of it, I installed a new version of vox (in another folder) and configured for XBMC Then I copied the group from the guile3d test one and added it to the group in XBMC tree.Now I get a verbal response in Denises voice ,but her mouth doesn't move .Just learning by doing

danderson

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2014, 12:11:37 AM »
Now I just need to learn how to make this scrape function work for xbmc
dan