Author Topic: Trying To create an auto run exe  (Read 1751 times)

NightSpeed

• View Profile
Trying To create an auto run exe
« on: April 14, 2017, 04:15:52 PM »
Hi guys so Ill explain what I am Trying to do. What I am trying to do is make a flash drive when plugged in it puts a line of text. What I am mainly trying to do and some people may be against this is trying to make a USB when plugged in imports a password that I set. I want to try and do this with as little interruption as possible meaning nothing is displayed on screen it's just plug it in and boom theirs your really long password. I dont know how I should go about coding this I found very little information so if someone could point me in any direction that would be greatly appreciated.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Trying To create an auto run exe
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2017, 04:56:29 PM »
It is clear that when you insert "a flash drive" something happens that involves a password.  Other than that it is not clear at all what you are trying to do.

Is this something that is supposed to happen when ANY flash drive is inserted, or just when a particular flash drive is inserted?

Where is this password that you want to "import" stored, and then what do you want to do with the password after you import it?  You don't want to display anything but you want "boom there's your really long password".

Confusing.

NightSpeed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2017, 05:13:14 PM »
Sorry for the confusion what I am trying to do is take my flashdrive (just the one I want this to work on) and when I put it in to my computer it automatically starts typing my password for me. I dont want to have to open something up each time I want to put my password in. I just want to be able to put my usb in and then it automatically start typing my password.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2017, 05:44:09 PM »
OK, so presumably, when you insert this USB drive into your computer some kind of program (the one that is asking for a password) is already being run automatically.  When this program starts up it is probably creating some kind of focus event in VoxCommando.  Depending on the name of the program that is running, assuming it is unique, you can use this to then send the password using keyboard emulation.  There is already a lot of information available on keyboard emulation and events so I won't go into the details.