Author Topic: Smart Home Power Saving Using Tasker On An Android Smart Watch To Turn Plug Off  (Read 3975 times)

Simeon Tuitt

• Contributor
    • View Profile
    • Simeon Tuitt Home Automation

Hi Everyone,

I want to show you all something and you can use the idea yourself to save on your electric and prevent your smart home devices like your smart phone, smart watch and tablets from over charging. I put this in place to prevent my devices overcharging using Tasker for 3 reasons.
    • Save on electric bills from power charging devices when they are fully charged.
    • Increase battery life of devices, since a fully charged device will constantly discharge and shorten the battery life.
    • Remove the risk of a battery exploding due to overheating from overcharging.
You can also voice control your plug sockets when you have your plugs linked up to vox, you can just say name of the plug like mircrowave plug, washing machine, dryer on or off.

If you have a kettle linked up to your smart plug socket you can even leave the kettle button pressed on and set vox to turn it on at a set time in the morning or use voice control with voxwav to say kettle on or make me a tea or coffee.

QUICK DEMO OF VOICE CONTROL VOX WITH THE SMART PHONE WATCH
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 01:42:31 PM by jitterjames »
Simeon Tuitt Is An Information Product Creator From The UK Who Took His Skills From Online Business Automation And Applied It To Automating A Smart Home.