Author Topic: Version 0980 - FIRST OFFICIAL BETA RELEASE FOR FRODO  (Read 29949 times)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Version 0980 - FIRST OFFICIAL BETA RELEASE FOR FRODO
« on: January 25, 2013, 12:58:34 PM »
Here it is.  It may not be 100% finished but I know a lot of you are waiting for this and I think it is close enough that we can start testing it together, and exploring what works and what needs to be improved.

I intent to start a special wiki to help new users get started, but for now here is the short version:

*** I recommend that you start a clean install for now, rather than trying to upgrade what you already have

1) Put the attached installer in an empty folder which is not write protected or otherwise blocked by windows UAC etc.
2) run it to extract the contents (by default they will be extracted in the same folder.

3.1) Start VoxCommando.exe (create Firewall exception if asked)
3.2) chose preset configuration: "English XBMC 12 Frodo RC3.zip"

---skip steps 4.1 and 4.2 if you have already got the repository, but verify you have voxtools version 0.1.3 or later

4.1) go to XBMC Addons and "install from Zip" then point it to the zip file "repository.vc.zip" which is in the main VC folder you just created
4.2) now you should be able to install the Addon VoxCommando Tools from the category "Program Add-Ons"

You should now have the Addon "VoxCommando Tools" version 0.1.3 or later, installed and enabled in XBMC...

5.A) in XBMC settings (System/Services in Confluence) enable Webserver, set port to 8080, and password to blank (you can set this later if you need security)
5.B) under "Remote control" put a checkmark under "Allow programs on this System..."  (check the second checkbox if XBMC is not on the same system as VoxCommando)

6) Now in VC check the plugin settings for XJson and make sure they match your XBMC settings.  Host IP can be 127.0.0.1 for "same machine" otherwise enter the IP address of the machine on your LAN that is running XBMC

7.A) Check settings for XSQL and make sure that the 2 database path fields are GREEN (means file is found) and that they are the latest versions (highest number) found in your XBMC database folder
7.B) Click "Save and Generate" and you should get a list of results (non-zero for most)

- Close plugin settings
- Restart VC (maybe)
- Have FUN! (mandatory)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 11:44:06 AM by jitterjames »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Version 0980 - FIRST OFFICIAL BETA RELEASE FOR FRODO
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 01:46:10 PM »
reserved space

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2013, 01:06:14 PM »
I have created a video tutorial that should show you everything you need to know about setting up the new version of VC to work with XBMC Frodo RC3

painy

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2013, 04:28:46 PM »
Sweeeet, been looking forward for this release!

Everything seems to be working great! I'll report back if I encouter any bugs, but so far there are none :)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2013, 04:32:14 PM »
Great.  Thanks for the quick report, and congrats on your 100th post  :biglaugh

There are surely many things that can be improved.  One bug I already discovered is that the event notification does not work if the xbmc web server requires authentication with a password.  I'll be getting on that shortly.

Wanilton

• $upporter
    • View Profile
    • XBMC Brazil Forum
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2013, 04:40:01 PM »
Thanks James, Voxcommando run very well with frodo here, and good News Aeon MQ 4, version 2.6.0 for XBMC frodo is available for download, with many fixes too.

http://mod-skin.googlecode.com/files/skin.aeonmq.4-2.6.0.zip

www.xbmcbrasil.net
XBMC  Brazilian Community Forum - Admin
Windows 8.1 - XBMC Gotham Custom Plus - Aeon MQ 5
My Room Entertaiment´s
About me

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2013, 07:17:01 PM »
Thanks Wanilton,

I'm very glad to hear that MQ4 is being udated to support Frodo.  I have also been using NOX lately and I like it.  It seems quite stable on Frodo as well.  ;D

Wanilton

• $upporter
    • View Profile
    • XBMC Brazil Forum
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2013, 10:01:15 PM »
Yes, Nox is a good skin too...
www.xbmcbrasil.net
XBMC  Brazilian Community Forum - Admin
Windows 8.1 - XBMC Gotham Custom Plus - Aeon MQ 5
My Room Entertaiment´s
About me

RichPyke

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2013, 06:58:19 PM »
Firstly I apologise if this has been addressed elsewhere but I couldn't find it so wil post here

I have an issue with generating the XML in Frodo due to the database being held on a MySQL server, is there a solution to this?

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2013, 07:05:41 PM »
Firstly I apologise if this has been addressed elsewhere but I couldn't find it so wil post here

I have an issue with generating the XML in Frodo due to the database being held on a MySQL server, is there a solution to this?

I am afraid there is no solution for this yet.  I was wondering if/when this would come up.

I guess I will need to get this info by querying through json but it'll be slower for one thing.  I'll put it on my list.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2013, 06:12:07 PM »
Hi RichPyke, and any others who would prefer to use JSON to generate their paypload XML files, instead of accessing the sqlite files directly.  I guess there are advantages to both methods, but if you are using MySQL or don't have access to the files direclty, then you must use JSON.

So I've modified the existing XJSON plugin to allow you to generate XML.  Unzip the attached into the ..voxfolder..\plugins\XJson folder, overwriting the files that are there.

You can then either click the "Generate All" button on the XJson plugin window, or you do it with a Command Action:

Code: [Select]
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>
<command id="873" name="gen xml JSON" enabled="true" alwaysOn="False" confirm="False" requiredConfidence="0" loop="False" loopDelay="0" loopMax="0" description="">
  <action>
    <cmdType>XJson.genxml</cmdType>
    <cmdString />
    <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
  </action>
  <phrase>gen xml J SON</phrase>
</command>

RichPyke

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2013, 06:58:43 PM »
Thanks, it looks like it works perfectly on a few quick checks, I will try it out a lot more when I've had some sleep.