Author Topic: voxcommando,mic and micwav  (Read 1387 times)

Bahraini.75

• View Profile
voxcommando,mic and micwav
« on: January 03, 2018, 03:12:41 PM »
 Hi Everyone.

I used the voxcommando 2.2.4.0 for almost a week with the voxwav and also from the my labtop microphone. Everything was good. I just made a format for my labtop and I install the voxcommando and restore my backup  and got a problem that the  voxcommando could not listen to me clearly and the response was not possible or sometime respond sometime not

attach voxlog
« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 03:15:03 PM by Bahraini.75 »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: voxcommando,mic and micwav
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2018, 04:38:30 PM »
If I understand you correctly you are saying the following:

- You reformatted your computer: in other words you have reinstalled Windows from scratch ?

- Now VC is not recognizing you very well.  In other words, the confidence rating for recognition of a command is too low, or it does not understand you at all, but sometimes it works.

So it sounds like you have a problem with your sound.  Something other than VoxCommando has changed.  You need to look at your microphone settings.  Maybe your volume is too high or other settings for you microphone have changed, or you changed the driver for your sound card.

Solutions:

It is probably not related but to be safe you should start by purging the cache in VoxCommando and then do a full restart of VC.
http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Main_Menu#Purge_Cache

Test the quality of your microphone by using another program to record yourself talking and then play the audio file in order to make sure that your voice is being heard clearly.  If the quality is poor and you cannot correct it by changing system settings, then you may need to get a better microphone.  Built-in microphones on laptops are often (but not always) not very good for speech recognition.

Check your microphone volume is not too high, or too low.  Bad quality recognition is usually caused by having the volume set too high.

Review the following tips: http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=FAQ#Why_doesn.27t_VC_understand_me_all_the_time.3F

If you are using the regular (non-SP) version of VoxCommando it is probably a good idea to perform voice training in Windows.
http://www.thewindowsclub.com/windows-speech-recognition-voice-training

« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 09:44:42 PM by nime5ter »

Bahraini.75

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2018, 02:31:33 AM »
yes that correct   

i send you massage i notes there are error when i tab the edit tab
and yes i try every think and still the problem there

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2018, 04:58:40 AM »
So far I can see at your log file, you use the english speech engine -  if english is not your native language, it is possible the engine has problems to understand you correct.
***********  get excited and make things  **********

Bahraini.75

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2018, 07:12:41 AM »
I install vc in anther labtop and it was recognized my word and work great
But i have problem with the plugin ttsms when i add it and i open the edit it give me an error
I will send you the logs

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2018, 08:34:21 AM »
The TTS MS plugin requires you to install the Microsoft speech platform and voices.

http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=MS_Speech_Platform