Author Topic: Problem reading xml  (Read 2418 times)

lanos

• View Profile
Problem reading xml
« on: July 05, 2015, 02:37:14 PM »
I finally have mb3/emby and voxcommando working on my new htpc build and under some categories on the "show help" page (browse artist, browse genre, etc) it says Problem reading xml so those categories don't work. meaning i cant say things like "browse artist eminem" or "browse songs by john legend" any help would be appreciated

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
Re: Problem reading xml
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2015, 03:25:34 PM »
Based on this description, it sounds as though maybe you haven't scanned your Emby library yet and generated the needed XML, which is part of setting up the configuration.

Have you followed the wiki or tutorial video for installing the MB3/Emby configuration? If not, try that.

http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=MediaBrowser#Installation
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

lanos

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2015, 06:01:12 PM »
I scanned the emby library and generated the xml. Followed the wiki and video exactly. I works for some commands such browse movies, tv, music etc or play/browse to so and so movie but not for other commands like go to music artist or browse genre. all the commands that don't work all say problem reading xml on the help page

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2015, 06:30:06 PM »
Please enable logging, generate XML and then send us the log.
http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Log

It sounds like either you don't have music added to your Emby library or there is a problem generating the XML for it.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2015, 06:58:20 PM »
I think I'm seeing the same problem.  Emby server must have implemented some new changes that broke our plugin.

Oddly, sometimes GenXML works fine and other times it doesn't.  I will have to look into it.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 11:38:30 PM by jitterjames »