Author Topic: opening (launching) programs with VC  (Read 3121 times)

homelogicatl

• View Profile
opening (launching) programs with VC
« on: November 05, 2016, 02:38:07 PM »
Hi everyone

New user here. (with no programming experience)   Im sure this has been posted somewhere on the forum but i cant seem to find it anywhere.  Perhaps im using the wrong terminology in my search.

Im trying to figure out how to open a program that isnt already running in the background. 
I have the sonos plugin (works awesome!) and i want to open the actual SONOS program to view the status on its GUI.

Actually i want to be able to open ANY program and have it as the main focus on the screen and the hide it again when i give an open/close command

Can anyone point me in the right direction

Dave

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Re: opening (launching) programs with VC
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2016, 02:58:39 PM »
Hi homelogicatl and welcome to the forum.
You can find an overview of the available commands (actually they are called ACTIONS) in the wiki. In your case:
http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Actions#Launch

« Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 03:26:56 PM by jitterjames »

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
Re: opening (launching) programs with VC
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2016, 03:49:41 PM »
Actually i want to be able to open ANY program and have it as the main focus on the screen and the hide it again when i give an open/close command

Also, for programs that are already running on your computer, if you just want to maximize the program window, focus the window, minimize (hide) the window, or close the window entirely, you'll want to take a look at the various Window.* actions at the same wiki link.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 04:04:54 PM by nime5ter »
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)