Author Topic: Emby finds server but will not log in  (Read 4292 times)

crawfofd

• View Profile
Emby finds server but will not log in
« on: October 24, 2017, 01:19:51 AM »
I know this is a old thread but just started playing with Emby and would like to use vox with it. 
The Emby plugin finds my server but it will not authenicate to it.  I can get to the server on my browser using the same
login info.  Is there a manual way to set up the plugin? I have tried filling in the data at top of setup window but no luck.
I have attached the voxLog.

Thanks for any help anyone can give.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 08:51:13 AM by jitterjames »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Emby finds server but will not log in
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2017, 11:19:19 AM »
Sorry,

I'm not going to support the Emby (Mediabrowser) plugin for VoxCommando anymore.

Emby has apparently made more changes to their authorization (and no doubt many other things) that are not backwards compatible even with their own SDKs which I used to create this plugin.

My guess is that the amount of work required to get this functional again would be huge and as far as I know there isn't really anyone who still uses Emby and VoxCommando, nor has anyone else requested any support to do this or even mentioned "Emby" and "VoxCommando" in the same post on the internet anywhere in the last year that I can find.

I will leave the plugin as part of the installation in case anyone is still using these two programs together.  If any such person exists, then I guess they are using a very old version of Emby.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 05:38:02 PM by jitterjames »

crawfofd

• View Profile
Re: Emby finds server but will not log in
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2017, 09:50:38 AM »
Thanks James for your reply. I guess I will go into another direction.