Author Topic: Demo of new VoxWear app for Android Wear 2.0  (Read 2527 times)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Demo of new VoxWear app for Android Wear 2.0
« on: March 21, 2017, 10:53:00 AM »
For those of you who may have missed it here is the preview/demo of VoxWear 2.0

First of all a really big thank-you to Kalle for providing me with the Huawei watch for development and testing. This never would have happened otherwise!

This video shows off the new beta version of VoxWav (called VoxWear 2.0) which is coming soon to the Google Play store and is customized to run on Android Wear 2.0.

This is an early beta (alpha?) developed and tested on a Huawei version 1 watch running a developer preview of Wear 2.0.  This version of the app turns Bluetooth off on startup and enables WiFi in order to make direct WiFi communication to VoxCommando possible.

The video shows tilt to speak mode, and then a close-up of the UI and the push to speak method.  Other features shown include text to speech on the watch, OSD messages and clickable alternates commands list on the watch.

The app UI includes time, date, and battery percentage.

PegLegTV

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Re: Demo of new VoxWear app for Android Wear 2.0
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2017, 05:40:53 PM »
Impressive work, looks amazing  8), love the watch to, but a bit out of my price range  :biglaugh

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2017, 05:53:07 PM »
No kidding! You're not alone there.  :biglaugh
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

TonyBirt

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2017, 06:20:35 PM »
I purchased a Asus Zenwatch 3 just to use this :), works very well.  Many thanks jitterjames.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2017, 10:39:22 PM »
Great.  I'm glad you are enjoying it.  Thanks for letting us know.  ::happy

zen_SuR

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2017, 06:59:50 PM »
it works fine on my moto 360.

just one thing:

once i start voxwear i am not longer able to use google navigation since i think it does not completly restore the bluetooth connection to my phone when i close it/voxwear (and i disabled "run voxwear in background"). google navigation tells me that it can not connect. even if i disable wifi AND bluetooth on the watch and enable it again it just says it is connected but that does not change google navigation

if i restart my watch google navigation works again.  till the point where i start voxwear once...

EDIT:
Apparently i am stupid... i just overlooked the X button in the voxwear settings and thought swiping it away is sufficent.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 07:07:21 PM by zen_SuR »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2017, 08:07:39 PM »
Yes. The X is the way to go if you want to close the app completely AND restore Bluetooth.

It's a shame that the Android Wear OS sucks so badly still that the only way we can use Wi-Fi is through these hackish methods. Maybe they will figure it out in Wear 9.1  :biglaugh

zen_SuR

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2017, 02:57:29 PM »
but i got a smartwatch just because of voxwear/voxcommando in my flat and on the other hand for navigation on the motorcycle. since these two scenarios are mutually exclusive (at least... should be) i can live with this for now ;)