Author Topic: TP Link Kasa Smart Plugs  (Read 1914 times)

vulcanjedi

• $upporter
    • View Profile
TP Link Kasa Smart Plugs
« on: September 23, 2017, 01:14:52 PM »
Sorry i been off a bit.  Got married, had a kid so been in the weeds w/ other things.
My tablet that was using was having major issues and suddenly started working again so I resurrected my VOX to glory.

Still rusty but
Just thought I'd share this. The write up is pretty good and rather comprehensive,....so I'll just link it vs trying to parse it or anything.
Goes over how to get your auth token, then your enumerate your devices, and then make the state changes.
I was too lazy/rusty to do the JSON w/in Vox so I just put the call in a powershell and strangely that was easier for me, cause Ive been doing some powershell at work.
But would probably be much more streamlined and efficient to do a scrape or whatever natively in VOX. J

This will let you mimic the same functionality of their very basic mobile app, so you can enumerate all your plugs, and get their current states and turn them on / off and do far richer macros in VOX.

http://itnerd.space/2017/01/22/how-to-control-your-tp-link-hs100-smartplug-from-internet/
« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 11:59:02 AM by vulcanjedi »

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
Re: TP Link Kasa Smart Plugs
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2017, 11:18:29 AM »
Hi @vulcanjedi,

Nice to see you popping out from the weeds with some good intel. Looks like there should be a few options for getting these smart plugs to work with VC.

Of course, a wedding and babies are supposed to be the good version of weeds -- that thing that all the young'uns are aspiring to. So let's instead say you've been "traipsing in a fragrant and blossoming meadow." ;-)

Welcome back.
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)