Author Topic: Beam only wanting to learn some remote buttons  (Read 2721 times)

NightSpeed

• View Profile
Beam only wanting to learn some remote buttons
« on: November 03, 2017, 09:43:32 PM »
Hi I wanted to ask you personally for some help so the beam i have this one remote that hen i use the learning button and save to xml command that is for the beam it wont see my button press as a learn able code HOWEVER when i go into the actual menu on a web browser It can learn and send the code I have noticed a tag on p=NEC on the tags that worked and tried making my own but to no avail

Attached is a working code for my tv vs the code I tried for my fan that didn't. the black box is the one that works the red dose not work and i think its because of the p=neccode format and the other shot is the image of the working code through the home interface

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Re: Beam only wanting to learn some remote buttons
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2017, 05:34:18 AM »
Hi NightSpeed,

the code is not working because there are a parameter missing in the scrape command.

This is how the code must looks like: http://beam_IP/sendIR?code=.....

A raw code do not need the protocol parameter (p=NEC),this is only helpful for hex codes
« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 05:38:03 AM by Kalle »
***********  get excited and make things  **********

Dave

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2017, 05:35:18 AM »
Hi NightSpeed,

sorry, I'm not sure if I do understand everything.
So, your TV works fine with the learned IR-Codes.

For the fan I can see you tried two different codes. One for "turn fan on" and one for "turn fan PowerOn". Does any of those work? How did you try to learn each of the codes (Plugin/Website)?

"NEC" does just mean, that the Beam recognized that the IR code uses the NEC codec. If no codec is recognized, the BEAM will use raw codes, which will be longer but other than that work in the same way.

EDIT: Good catch, Kalle! :clap

NightSpeed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2017, 01:42:58 PM »
Sorry for the confusion Dave There is nothing wrong with the tv command I just included it to show what a working command looks like that was made using the command to set it up "I want to program my ....". Both the power on and turn fan on dont work and they where the 2 methods I have tried. The code for the fan is recognized when learning IR from the website interface BUT it is not recognized when utilizing the self building Xml command "I want to program my..."

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2017, 07:30:50 PM »
Ahh ok, now I know what is going on - the self-building XML command works not with raw codes, because the command use the IR code event from the BEAM. So it looks like your fan remote use a "unknown IR protocol" and you have to use the BEAM plugin or the WebUI to learn the raw code manually.
I'm not sure if we can implement to send the raw code from the BEAM as event to VC.

Kalle

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2017, 09:54:43 PM »
I don't think it is realistic to generate events for raw codes.

NightSpeed

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2017, 11:00:12 PM »
So is there a way I could link it to a command to send it via VC or do i have to use the plugin every time or web interface I suppose that every time i want to control the fan I could open a hidden mobo.b with the ip address and tell it to fill the box with the raw code and send it but you can see that that is very messy

NightSpeed

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2017, 11:12:05 PM »
FIXED I edited the map table so it sends code=24,73,24AABABBABAABABBABAABABABBAABBABABAABABABBAABB856

Also I edited it in this format and it also worked

http://192.168.254.200/sendIR?l=2&n=1&code=24,73,24AABABBABAABABBABAABABABBAABBABABAABABABBAABB856

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2017, 11:10:05 AM »
So is there a way I could link it to a command to send it via VC or do i have to use the plugin every time or web interface I suppose that every time i want to control the fan I could open a hidden mobo.b with the ip address and tell it to fill the box with the raw code and send it but you can see that that is very messy

Yes of course, you only need to use the plugin to learn codes, not to send them.  You can even drag learned codes directly from the plugin to create actions in your commands, or as you have discovered you can manually edit your map tables to combine all sorts of different protocols etc. as long as you know what you are doing.

Sending codes will always boil down to some kind of scrape action that tells the Beam what to transmit.

NightSpeed

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2017, 04:11:23 PM »
Thank you so much I appreciate all you guys on the forms helping us out.

NightSpeed

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2017, 01:13:35 AM »
Another Issue now occurred So I have a mode on my fan that is a timer if you press it once you get 30 min of time and 30 min for each additional button press. How do i setup an event for my fan that runs like. If (fan_remote_timer) "30" press one If fan remote timer "60" press twice. its a little weird because im asking to associate a number to correspond to how many times an IR code is sent.

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2017, 03:55:51 AM »
Hi NightSpeed,

why do you need a event for this?
The BEAM IR send command has the option to set a repeat parameter which is the "n=" in the code.

example:

http://192.168.254.200/sendIR?l=2&n=2&code=24,73,24AABABBABAABABBABAABABABBAABBABABAABABABBAABB856

will repeat the code above two times. You have now more than one option to create a command, and I think to save the code with parameter &n=1 (for a 30 minutes timer) and &n=2 (for a 60 minutes timer) separate in your maptable manually is the easiest.

If it is not for what you looking for, please let me know.

Kalle
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 06:00:36 AM by Kalle »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2017, 11:03:51 AM »
I think nghtspeed is using the word event to mean something else such as macro, command, or action.

It helps a lot to use the correct terminology when seeking support so we can understand the question. As it stands it's not very clear (to me) what you want.

Maybe you would like to say "set fan timer to 60 minutes" and have VoxCommando then send the IR code twice? If that's the case then you can use the information provided by Kalle. The easiest implementation wil probably be to create 3 or 4 separate voice commands but there are other ways to do it in a single command. If the delay using the n=# method is too short to register as separate button clicks then you can use a loop and VC.Pause

If that's not what you are looking for then please rephrase or elaborate.